This is an objective fact no one can deny.
这是谁也无法否认的客观事实。
Before we make detailed plans, we need some more facts and figures.
我们需要更多的事实和数据才能制定出详细的计划。
I can find out the truth of the fact.
我能查出事实的真相。
I think you are withholding the fact from me.
我知道你对我隐瞒了事实真相。
This news report is based entirely on fact.
这篇新闻报导是完全根据实际情况写成的。
The fact remains that we are still two teachers short.
实际情况是我们还缺少两名教师。
I could no longer ignore the fact that he was deeply unhappy.
我再不能对他深感不快这个事实不闻不问了。
Despite the fact that she was wearing a seat belt, she was thrown sharply forward.
尽管她系了安全带,还是被猛然前抛。
Due to the fact that they did not read English, the prisoners were unaware of what they were signing.
这些囚犯由于看不懂英语,不知道自己在签什么。
She was happy apart from the fact that she could not return home.
除了不能回家之外,她很快活。
Voluntary work was particularly important in view of the fact that women were often forced to give up paid work on marriage.
鉴于妇女一结婚就常常被迫放弃有报酬工作的事实,义务工作尤其重要。
How do you account for the fact that unemployment is still rising?
你如何解释失业人数仍在增加这个现实?
The fact remains that we are still two teachers short.
实际情况是我们还缺少两名教师。
He is a dull writer and that's a fact.
他写的东西很没意思,真的。
'I'm still staff colonel.' 'u2014 'Is that a fact?'
“我还是参谋上校。”——“不会吧?”
We aren't playing well as a team, and that's a fact...
我们作为一个球队打得并不好,事实就是如此。
His admirers claim that he came to power perfectly legally, but the fact remains that he did so by exploiting an illegal situation.
他的崇拜者称他的上台是完全合法的,但必须承认,他是利用了一次非法事件上台的。
The fact remains that inflation, however you measure it, is unacceptably high...
必须承认,无论怎么衡量,通货膨胀率都高得难以接受。
The fact of the matter is that student finances are stretched.
关键是奖学金有限。
I know for a fact that Graham has kept in close touch with Alan.
我知道格雷厄姆确实与艾伦保持着密切的联系。
The fact is blindness hadn't stopped the children doing many of the things that sighted children enjoy...
实际上,失明并没有妨碍这些孩子去做健全孩子喜欢做的事情。
I know for a fact that baby corn is very expensive in Europe...
我知道玉米笋在欧洲的确价格不菲。
They complained that they had been trapped inside the police station, but in fact most were seen escaping over the adjacent roofs to safety in nearby buildings...
他们抱怨说被困在了警察局里,但实际上,有人看见他们大多数人通过毗邻的屋顶,安全地逃到了附近的建筑物内。
...a statement of verifiable historical fact...
对有据可查的史实的讲述
How much was fact and how much fancy no one knew.
几多虚实,无人知晓。
There is so much information you can almost effortlessly find the facts for yourself...
资料这么多,你几乎可以毫不费力地找到事实真相。
His opponent swamped him with facts and figures...
他的对手抛出精确的资料和数据,使他难以招架。
It's not that difficult. As a matter of fact, it's quite easy...
这并不那么困难,实际上,容易得很。
'I guess you haven't eaten yet.' 'u2014 'As a matter of fact, I have,' said Hunter.
“我想你还没吃吧?”“正好相反,我已经吃了。”亨特说道。
That sounds rather simple, but in fact it's very difficult...
那听来简单,但实际上很难。
His chances do not seem good in view of the fact that the Chief Prosecutor has already voiced his public disapproval...
鉴于检察长已公开表示反对,他的机会看来不大了。
Despite the fact that the disease is so prevalent, treatment is still far from satisfactory...
尽管疾病肆虐,治疗却远不尽如人意。
My family now accepts the fact that I don't eat sugar or bread...
我的家人现在都接受了我不吃糖和面包这件事。
The fact that he had left her of his own accord proved to me that everything he'd said was true.
他主动离开她这件事向我证明了他所言句句属实。
We've had a pretty bad time while you were away. In fact, we very nearly split up this time...
你不在的时候我们相处得很不愉快,确切地说这次我们差点就分手了。
He apologised as soon as he realised what he had done. In actual fact he wrote a nice little note to me...
意识到自己的所作所为后他马上就道歉了,而且还给我写了一张温馨的小条儿。
Character-(性格)
fact什么意思
A:Have you heard the news about Michael?
你听到有关迈克尔德消息了吗?
B:No, David, what happened?
没有,大卫。发生什么事了。
fact是什么意思
A:Well, I heard that he was arrested.
噢,我听说他被逮捕了。
B:What? Arrested? For what?
什么,被逮捕了,为什么?
A:Apparently, he got in a fight at a bar.
显然是他卷入了一场酒吧斗殴。
B:I don’t believe it! He wouldn’t hurt a fly!
我不相信,他心地那么善良,连只苍蝇都不会伤害。
A:I agree with you. He’s usually so calm.
是啊,而且他通常都很冷静。
B:Maybe he was just trying to be a good Samaritan.
也许他只是在帮助陷入麻烦的人。
A:That’s possible. I can’t picture him trying to start a fight with someone.
很可能,我无法想象他会挑起与别人的争端。
B:Now that I think about it, though, I do remember him being a bit aggressive once.
说得对,既然想到这儿,我的确记得他有一次曾有些好斗。
A:Maybe he’s one of those people whose personality changes a lot when he drinks.
也许他是那种一旦喝酒性格就大变的人。
B:Does he often drink?
他常喝酒吗?
A:No, infact I’ve only seen him drink once… and that was when I saw him behaving oddly.
不经常,事实上我只见他喝过一次酒,也就是那次我见到他举止有些反常。
B:Some people are not what they seem.
有些人不能单从表面判断。
A:However, in all fairness, we shouldn’t jump to conclusions.
不管怎样,为了公平起见,我们不应匆忙下结论。
B:You’re right. We don’t even know if he was actually arrested or not?
你说得对。我们甚至还不知道他是否真的被逮捕了呢。
fact的解释
A:Shall we call him?
我们给他打电话吗?
fact
B:Ok, let me just get my phone… “Hello, Michael? It’s Samantha… I’m fine. Are you alright?... Your brother was mugged?...”
好吧,让我拿出我的电话。“你好!迈克尔吗?我是萨曼萨…我很好。你好吗?你弟弟被抢劫了吗?…”