A friend in need is a friend indeed.
患难之交才是真朋友。
My friend invited me to dine out.
我的朋友邀请我出去吃饭。
I made friends with Bill in high school.
我和比尔在高中就成为朋友。
Mr. Green has been a friend of community charity.
格林先生一直是社区慈善事业的支持者。
He has been a good friend to me.
他一向是我的赞助者。
The death of his friend made him sad at heart.
友人之死使他十分伤心。
A joke never gains an enemy but loses a friend.
戏谑不能化敌为友,只能使人失去朋友。
Every man desiring to be a friend of this world makes himself a hater of God.
所以凡想要与世俗为友的,就是与神为敌了。
my learned friend (= in a court of law)
我博学的同人(法庭用语)
We've been friends for years.
我们是多年的朋友了。
They had a quarrel, but they're friends again now.
他们吵过架,不过现在又和好了。
Simon finds it hard to make friends with other children.
西蒙感到难以和其他孩子交朋友。
my noble friend (= in the House of Lords)
我尊贵的朋友(上院用语)
a friend of democracy
维护民主的人
You're among friends here'u2500you can speak freely.
这儿都是自己人,有话直说好啦。
I wish our friend at the next table would shut up.
但愿我们邻桌那位仁兄闭嘴。
my honourable friend , the member for Henley (= in the House of Commons)
我尊敬的朋友亨利区议员(下院用语)
the friends of St Martin's Hospital
圣马丁医院的赞助者
This is my friend Tom.
这是我的朋友汤姆。
Is he a friend of yours ?
他是你的朋友吗?
She's an old friend (= I have known her a long time) .
她是我的老朋友。
He's one of my best friends .
他是我最要好的朋友之一。
a close'/good friend
密友;好友
a childhood'/family'/lifelong friend
儿时 / 家庭 / 终生朋友
I heard about it through a friend of a friend .
我通过朋友的朋友听到这事的。
She has a wide circle of friends .
她交游很广。
Dennis made friends easily...
丹尼斯很容易就能交到朋友。
He has made friends with the kids on the street...
他和流浪街头的孩子交上了朋友。
I had a long talk about this with my best friend...
我和我最好的朋友就此事进行了长谈。
She never was a close friend of mine.
她从来就不是我的密友。
I still wanted to be friends with Alison...
我还是想和艾莉森做朋友。
We remained good friends...
我们一直是好朋友。
...the friends of Israel.
以色列的支持者
...The friends of Birmingham Royal Ballet.
伯明翰皇家芭蕾舞团赞助者协会
The president said that Japan is now a friend and international partner.
总统说日本现在是盟友和国际合作伙伴。
Emergency-(突发情况)
A:Look, Jim. That man just fell down over there.
瞧,吉姆,那边有人摔下来了。
friend的翻译
B:We better see if he’s o.k.
我们最好去看看他是否没事。
A:Sir…sir? Are you all right? Sir?
先生,先生,你还好吗?先生?
friend的翻译
B:He’s not answering. You’d better check his pulse and breathing.
没有回应。检查一下他的脉搏和呼吸。
friend是什么意思
A:Oh, no. He’s not breathing, and there’s no pulse. Call 911.
喔,天,呼吸没有了,脉搏也停了。拨911。
B:Hello? Yes. Someone has passed out at Connecticut Ave. and 1st St. He isn’t breathing and does not have a pulse. Yes. Myfriend is perfomp3ing CPR. OK. Thank you. They’re sending an ambulance. Here, let me help.
喂?是的,有人在康涅狄格大道和第一大街之间昏倒了,没有呼吸和脉搏。是的,我的朋友在给他做CPR.好的,谢谢你,他们正派了一辆急救车,来,我来帮手。
Joe's Date-(乔的约会)
A:And then we went to a dance after dinner, and after the third dance she tells me that she's practically engaged to some G.I. who's overseas.
那样,晚饭后我们去跳舞,跳完第三只舞她告诉我,其实她已经同一位海外的大兵订婚了。
B:So?
这没什么。
A:What do you mean by "so"? You don't accept dates if you're practically engaged.
你说"这没什么"是什么意思?既然你已订婚,就不应再接受约会。
B:Why not? You only asked her for a date, not for her hand in marriage.There's nothing wrong in going out with afriend from the office.
为什么不可以?你只不过是请她赴约会,又不是向她求婚。同办公室的一位朋友出去玩玩并没有什么不对。
A:I know, but it makes me mad.
我知道,不过这使我很恼火。
B:They're all engaged, and they never tell you before you ask them out.
她们都订婚了,而如果你不问她们,她们从不告诉你。
在邮局
A:Would you please weigh this letter to see what the postage is?
麻烦您称一下这封信,看看需要多少邮资,好吗?
B:Do you want to send it by ordinary or registered mail?
您是要寄普通信还是挂号信?
A:By ordinary air mail, please.
请给我寄普通航空信。
B:Anything of value in it?
里面有什么值钱的东西吗?
friend什么意思
A:A postal order for four hundred dollars.
一张400 美元的邮政汇票。
friend的反义词
B:In that case, you’d better have it registered.
既然那样,您最好寄挂号信。
friend
A:Will I be informed when myfriend gets the letter?
当我朋友收到这封信后,我会被通知吗?
friend
B:Yes, when yourfriend gets it, he’ll sign a receipt, which will be sent to you by mail. Then you can be sure it’s been received.
是的,当您的朋友收到信后,他将签一张收据,这张收据会寄给您,您就可以确定他收到了。
friend
A:All right, I’ll have it registered, then.
好,那我就寄挂号信。