I lived in a hostel while I was a student.
我求学期间住在青年招待所里。
while Mary was writing a letter, the children were playing outside.
玛丽写信时,孩子们在外面玩耍。
In a word, while the prospects are bright, the road has twists and turns.
总之,虽然前途是光明的,但是道路是曲折的。
while I admit that there are problems, I don't agree that they cannot be solved.
尽管我承认有问题存在
I haven't seen him for a long while.
我已经很久没见到他了。
She worked in a bank for a while before studying law.
她学法律之前在银行工作过一段时间。
Before I eat dinner,I read newspaper for a while
在吃晚饭以前,我会读一会儿报纸
A detective story helps to while away the time.
侦探小说有助于打发时间。
I didn't know how to while away my tedium.
我不知道如何度过乏味的时刻。
We must have been burgled while we were asleep.
我们睡着时一定让贼入室偷了。
Her parents died while she was still at school.
她还在读书时父母就去世了。
while I was waiting at the bus stop, three buses went by in the opposite direction.
我在公共汽车站等车时,对向驶过了三辆公共汽车。
You can go swimming while I'm having lunch.
我吃午饭时你可以去游泳。
shoes mended while you wait
在你等候的时候修的鞋
while Tom's very good at science, his brother is absolutely hopeless.
汤姆很擅长理科,而他的兄弟绝对是不可救药。
while I am willing to help, I do not have much time available.
尽管我愿意帮忙,但是没有多少时间。
I waited while six o'clock.
我一直等到了六点钟。
'u2018I'm just going to buy some postcards. 'u2019 'u2018Can you get me some stamps while you're at it? 'u2019
“我正想去买明信片。”“你能顺便给我买些邮票吗?”
They chatted for a while .
他们聊了一会儿。
I'll be back in a little while (= a short time) .
我一会儿就回来。
I haven't seen him for quite a while (= a fairly long time) .
我有好一阵子没有见到他了。
They walked back together, talking all the while (= all the time) .
他们一起边走边聊着回去的。
We whiled away the time reading and playing cards.
我们靠看书和玩纸牌消磨时间。
They were grinning and watching while one man laughed and poured beer over the head of another...
当一个男人大笑着把啤酒倒在另一个人头上时,他们都在乐呵呵地看着。
I sat on the settee to unwrap the package while he stood by...
我坐在长椅上打开包裹时他就站在旁边。
The two ministers have yet to meet, but may do so while in New York...
两位部长尚未会面,但可能会在纽约碰头。
Never apply water to a burn from an electric shock while the casualty is still in contact with the electric current.
当被电击者还连着电时,千万不要把水弄到电击伤口上。
Marianne was tempted to turn the large rooms into traditional French-style salons, while Howard was in favour of a typically English look...
玛丽安娜想把这些大房间弄成传统法式客厅的样子,但是霍华德喜欢典型的英式风格。
The first two services are free, while the third costs 'u00a335.00.
前两项服务免费,但是第三项服务要花35英镑。
while the numbers of such developments are relatively small, the potential market is large...
尽管这种增长的数量相对较小,但是潜在的市场是巨大的。
while the modelling business is by no means easy to get into, the good model, male or female, will always be in demand...
尽管模特行业绝不是那么容易进入的,但是好的模特,不论男女,总是需要的。
They walked on in silence for a while...
他们默默地走了一会儿。
He was married a little while ago...
他不久前刚刚结婚。
All the while the people at the next table watched me eat.
我吃东西的时候邻桌的人一直在看我。
建议
A:Do you think I should join the basketball team, Mary?
玛丽,你认为我应该参加篮球队吗?
B:Why not? If I were you, I certainly would.
为什么不呢?如果我是你,一定参加。
A:But I’m afraid it’ll take up too much of my time.
可是,这恐怕要占去我太多的时间。
B:As the saying goes:Workwhile you work, playwhile play. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, you know?
俗话说:工作时工作,娱乐时娱乐。只工作不娱乐,聪明的孩子也会变得笨拙,你知道吗?
A:Hmm, you’re right.
嗯,你说得对。
Turning in-(上床睡觉)
A:I guess I'll turn in, Bob. It's been a long day.
我想我要上床了,鲍勃。今天很累了。
B:I've got a chapter to read for tomorrow, so I'll be up for awhile yet.I'll turn off thd heat and lock thd door before I go to bed.
我还有一章要读完,这是明天的功课,所以我要等一会儿再睡。 在我上床以前我会关掉暖气和锁上门的。
A:Okay. What time are you getting up tomorrow?
好的。明天你几点起床?
B:Oh, the usual time. No, wait a minute.Make sure I'm up before you go to work, will you? I've got a quiz at ten. It wouldn't hurt to read over my notes.
啊,老样子。不,等一等。记住,我要在你上班之前起来,好吗?十点钟我有一个小型考试。最好能再读一遍我的笔记。
A:I'll try, but when seven o'clock comes around, don't forget you asked me to wake you.
我尽量做到,不过到七点钟时别忘了是你要我叫醒你的。
B:Good night, Joe.
晚安,乔。
Waking Someone Up-(叫醒某人)
while的翻译
A:Hey, Jim, it’s time to wake up? and get out of bed.
嘿,吉姆,醒一醒,该起床啦。
B:Do I have to get up now?
我现在一定得起床吗?
A:You’d better get up, or you’ll be late.
你最好现在就起床,否则要迟到了。
B:What are you talking about? My alarm hasn’t even gone off yet.
你说什么呀? 我的闹钟都还没响呢?
A:Yes, it did. It went off? 30 minutes ago. You slept right through it?. You’re like a dead personwhile you sleep.
响了,30分钟前就响了。你睡过了。睡得像死猪一样。
B:I must have slept right through it.
我一定是睡过了。
A:Rise and shine?! Sleepyhead!
起床!贪睡鬼!
B:Just let me sleep 5 more minutes.
让我再睡5分钟嘛。
while的翻译
A:The early bird gets the worm?.
早起的鸟才会有虫吃。
B:I know. I know. But I don’t want any worms.
我知道。我知道。但是我可不想吃虫。
while
A:Ha! Ha! If you don’t make an effort now, later on it’ll be a lot tougher for you.
哈!哈! 如果你现在不努力的话,将来的生活就会变得更加艰