In the sentence 'u2018They often go to Italy because they love the food 'u2019, 'u2018They often go to Italy 'u2019 is the main clause and 'u2018because they love the food 'u2019 is a subordinate clause.
在They often go to Italy because they love the food这个句子里,They often go to Italy是主句,because they love the food是从句。
He has a clause in his contract which entitles him to a percentage of the profits.
他的合同中有一项条款,使他有权分得一定比例的利润。
...a compromise document sprinkled with escape clauses.
不时出现些免责条款的折中文件
A try statement may have more than one except clause, to specify handlers for different exceptions.
一个try语句可能包含多个except子句, 分别指定处理不同的异常.
What clause do you require in the contract?
你要求在合同中订上什么条款?
Then join the two sentences using the Attributive clause.
然后把这两个句子用定语从句连接起来.
An interlock switch shall comply with the interlock switch endurance test of clause 14.3.
互锁开关应符合第14.3条所规定的互锁开关耐用性测试要求.
The invalidity of one clause does not invalidate the agreement.
本协议任何一款无效不影响整个协议的效力.
Just go and get them to change that little clause there then come back to me.
你去让他们改变这一小条,然后再找我.
That's good. Do you have any comment to make on this clause?
那很好. 你对这一条有什么意见 吗 ?
Conjunction: The main clause is a guide.
连词: 主要是引导从句.
And over the years, the Copyright clause has become a flashpoint for just such abuse.
这些年来, 著作权条款已经变成权利滥用的闪点.
However, you can change the condition to be a WHERE clause.
但是, 可将该条件更改为WHERE子句.
The textual function is realized as the thematic structure of clause as a message.
语篇功能体现为小句作为信息时的主位结构.
The sentence consists of a main clause and a subordinate clause.
这句中有一个主句和一个从句.
International trade terms to explain: What is the MFN clause?
国际贸易名词解释: 什么是最惠国待遇条款?
You needn't worry about that. There is an arbitration clause in the contract.
你不用担心这一点, 合同里有仲裁条款.
The clause in the contract is insusceptible of another interpretation.
合同中的这条规定是不能有其他解释的.
This sentence is an attributive clause.
这个句子是定语从句.
Real Madrid could buy out the clause if LA Galaxy were willing.
如果LA愿意,皇马可以买断贝克汉姆的合同.
The clever lawyer can get round that clause.
聪明的律师能够逃避那条法律.
The guiding precedent [ on the Commerce clause ] is informative but inconclusive.
( 宪法的商业条款 ) 这一导向性的先例令人大开眼界但却带有不确定性.
The amount will automatically fluctuate up or down in accordance with the clause 5 herein.
最终结算金额将根据条款5规定的质量指针情况自动进行价格的上下调整.
The general clause has the function of concretion, equity, amendment and creation.
即一般条款具有法具体化功能, 法衡平功能, 法修正功能,法创设功能.
The intention of the clause is clear.
那条款的含义是清楚的.
In English, a clause acting as the subject of a sentence counts as singular.
在英语中, 一个从句在句子中用作主语时当成单数看待.
The third clause of the contract specifies steel sashes for the windows.
合同的第三款指定使用钢窗.
They joined with the monarchists to insert a clause calling for a popular vote on the issue.
他们与君主主义者联手添加了一个条款,呼吁对该议题进行全民投票。
This has, in fact, turned out to be a wonderful escape clause for dishonest employers everywhere.
事实上,这已经成为所有狡猾的雇主们用来躲避责任的绝妙条款。
商务英语
clause是什么意思
A:Good morning, Mr. Smith. I brought the contract you are been looking for.Please go over the draft of the contract.
上午好,斯密司先生。我带来了你要等待的合同。请再看一下草案吧。
B:OK. Sit down, please. What would you like, Chinese tea or coffee?
好的,请坐。你想喝点什么,中国茶还是咖啡?
A:Thank you. I'd very much like to have a cup of Chinese tea.
我想来杯中国茶,谢谢你。
B:Here you are.
茶给你。
A:Finished?
看完了吗?
B:Yes. I have one question aboutclause 8.Are these the terms that we agreed on?
看完了。关于第八条款,我有个疑问。这些是我们同意的条件吗?
A:OK. Let's have a look at it.
好,让我们来看看。
clause
B:10 percent down and the balance at the time of shipment?That's what I mean.
百分之十付现款,余额在装运时付清吗?我就是指的这个。
A:Yes, I think that's what we stipulated.
对呀,我想那是我们所订定的。
B:I'll need a few minutes to check over my notes again.
我再需要几分钟来核对一下我的笔记。
clause
A:Right?
对吗?
B:Yes, it is right.
对,是正确的。
A:Good. Can we sign them right away?
好的。我们现在可以签合同了吗?
clause什么意思
B:Of course.S Hand me the pen.
当然可以。请把笔给我。
A:Here you are.
给你。
B:Where shall I put my signature?
我签在哪儿呀?
A:Here, on the last page.We'll sign two originals, each in the Chinese and English language.Both are equally effective.
这儿,在最后一页。我们将要用中文和英文分别签署两份原件。两者都有效。
B:OK. Is that all?
好的。就这样完了吗?
A:No. Will you also initial this change on page 2, please?
不,请你也在第二页变更处签姓名的一个字母好吗?
clause
B:I'm glad our negotiation has come to a successful conclusion.
我很高兴这次洽谈圆满成功。
clause
A:I hope this will lead to further business between us.
我希望这次交易将使我们之间的贸易能得到进一步发展。
B:All we have to do now is shake hands.
现在我们所该做的只是握手了。
A:OK, and go out and have a drink to congratulate ourselves.
对,再出去喝一杯以示庆祝。
B:That's a great idea.
真是个好主意。
形容词::clausal