Have you read the news about the election?
你看了关于选举的新闻了吗?
She tapped out a news story on the typewriter.
她用打字机打出一篇新闻报道。
I heard it on the 7 o'clock news.
我在七点钟的新闻报道中听到了这则消息。
I haven't heard any news from my son lately.
我最近没听到我儿子的任何音讯。
The news comes from a reliable source.
这消息来自可靠的来源。
What's the latest news?
有什么最新消息吗?
Have you heard the news? Pat's leaving!
你听说了吗?帕特要走了!
That's great news.
这真是好消息。
Tell me all your news.
把你最近的情况全都告诉我。
Have you had any news of Patrick?
你有没有帕特里克的消息?
Any news on the deal?
这笔交易有消息吗?
Messengers brought news that the battle had been lost.
通信员送来消息说这场战斗失败了。
Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
你是想先听好消息还是坏消息?
a piece'/bit of news
一条 / 一则新闻
(informal)It's news to me (= I haven't heard it before) .
这事我第一次听说。
national'/international news
国内 / 国际新闻
a news story'/item'/report
一则新闻;新闻报道
news of a serious road accident is just coming in.
有关一起恶性交通事故的报道开始陆续传来。
breaking news (= news that is arriving about events that have just happened)
突发新闻
She is always in the news .
她老在媒体露面。
The wedding was front-page news .
这次婚礼成了头版新闻。
to listen to'/watch the news
收听 / 收看新闻节目
Can you put the news on?
请你打开新闻好吗?
We waited and waited for news of him...
我们左等右等,盼着他的消息。
They still haven't had any news about when they'll be able to go home...
他们仍然没有何时能回家的消息。
Foreign news is on Page 16...
国外新闻在16版。
We'll also have the latest sports news...
我们也会收到最新的体育新闻。
I heard all about the bombs on the news.
我从新闻广播里得知了关于炸弹的全部消息。
...the six o'clock news.
6点钟的新闻
...the New York Daily news.
《纽约每日新闻》
A murder was big news...
谋杀案是重大新闻事件。
If you are a celebrity, you are headline news.
如果你是名人,你就是头条新闻。
The drop in travel is bad news for the airline industry...
旅游热降温对航空业来说是个坏消息。
This new attitude is good news to AIDS activists.
这种新态度对艾滋病活动家来说是件好事。
I'd certainly tell you if I knew anything, but I don't. What you're saying is news to me.
如果我真知道什么的话,我肯定会告诉你,可我不知道。你现在说的我都没听过。
There are bad news from Palermo.
出自:ShelleyI have some terrible news for you.
出自:E. AlbeeThe worst news of all was the fall of gallant Saragossa.
出自:J. RathboneThe Times was..born when there was a lot of news around.
出自:P. HowardCharacter-(性格)
A:Have you heard thenews about Michael?
你听到有关迈克尔德消息了吗?
B:No, David, what happened?
没有,大卫。发生什么事了。
A:Well, I heard that he was arrested.
噢,我听说他被逮捕了。
B:What? Arrested? For what?
什么,被逮捕了,为什么?
A:Apparently, he got in a fight at a bar.
显然是他卷入了一场酒吧斗殴。
B:I don’t believe it! He wouldn’t hurt a fly!
我不相信,他心地那么善良,连只苍蝇都不会伤害。
news的解释
A:I agree with you. He’s usually so calm.
是啊,而且他通常都很冷静。
B:Maybe he was just trying to be a good Samaritan.
也许他只是在帮助陷入麻烦的人。
A:That’s possible. I can’t picture him trying to start a fight with someone.
很可能,我无法想象他会挑起与别人的争端。
B:Now that I think about it, though, I do remember him being a bit aggressive once.
说得对,既然想到这儿,我的确记得他有一次曾有些好斗。
news的反义词
A:Maybe he’s one of those people whose personality changes a lot when he drinks.
也许他是那种一旦喝酒性格就大变的人。
B:Does he often drink?
他常喝酒吗?
A:No, in fact I’ve only seen him drink once… and that was when I saw him behaving oddly.
不经常,事实上我只见他喝过一次酒,也就是那次我见到他举止有些反常。
B:Some people are not what they seem.
有些人不能单从表面判断。
A:However, in all fairness, we shouldn’t jump to conclusions.
不管怎样,为了公平起见,我们不应匆忙下结论。
B:You’re right. We don’t even know if he was actually arrested or not?
你说得对。我们甚至还不知道他是否真的被逮捕了呢。
A:Shall we call him?
我们给他打电话吗?
B:Ok, let me just get my phone… “Hello, Michael? It’s Samantha… I’m fine. Are you alright?... Your brother was mugged?...”
好吧,让我拿出我的电话。“你好!迈克尔吗?我是萨曼萨…我很好。你好吗?你弟弟被抢劫了吗?…”
相貌
news什么意思
A:I’ve got goodnews for you!
我有好消息告诉你。
B:Yes, what is it?
是吗,什么消息?
A:I’m going to set you up on a blind date!
我给你安排了一次相亲。
news
B:Oh, I don’t know about that. Blind dates can be awful.
噢,我还不知道这事儿。相亲有时会很糟糕。
A:Have you ever been on one?
你有过这种经历吗?
B:No.
没有。
A:Well, then, why don’t you just give it a try?
那么,你为什么不试一试呢?
B:Ok, what does she look like?
好吧。她长得什么样?
A:Well, she’s got a lovely figure.
呵,她身材很棒。
B:Is she overweight?
她超重吗?
A:No, she’s actually quite slim. She has curly brown hair and green eyes..
不,她其实很苗条。她有一头棕色卷发和一双绿色的眼睛。
B:What did you tell her about me?
你是怎么向她介绍我的?
news什么意思
A:I told her that you were tall and well-built.
我告诉她,你个子高而且体形好。
B:Did you tell her that I’m bald?
你告诉她我秃头了吗?
A:No, but she won’t care. Some women find bald men attractive, you know.
没有。但她不会介意的。你知道吗,一些女士反而认为秃头的男人有吸引力。
news的意思
B:Hmm, she sounds alright.
嗯,听起来还可以。
A:Just one thing. When you meet her, I think you should try to look a little less scruffy. Maybe you could shave your beard and put on a nice suit.
有一点说明,当你见她时,你应该尽量使自己看起来不那么邋遢。或许你应该刮下胡子,换身漂亮的西装。
B:No, I think I’ll go looking like myself. If she doesn’t like who I am, then she’s not the right woman for me!
不,我想还是以我本来的面目去吧。如果她不喜欢我这样,那她就不是适合我的人。
A:Suit yourself! Here’s her number.
随你自己吧!这是她的电话号码。
形容词::newsless