体育运动
A:Where did you go yesterday?
昨天你到哪里去了?
B:I went to play tennis in the public park.
我到公园里去打网球。
A:How often do you play tennis?
你多久打一次?
B:Twice a week. How about you?
每星期两次。你呢?
A:I seldom play tennis. I prefer football and basketball.
我很少打网球。我比较喜欢足球和篮球。
B:But it is very difficult to gather a team of players together.
但是要凑足一队球员是很难的。
A:I usually play with my schoolmates.
我通常和同学们一块儿玩。
B:Do you like watching football matches?
你喜欢看足球比赛吗?
A:Yes, I went to the Tian He SportsCenter for the football match last Sunday.
是的,我上星期天还到天河体育中心去看足球比赛了呢。
B:Oh, I watched it on television. It was an exciting match.
哦,我在电视上看过。那是一场紧张的比赛。
Trading Stamps-(用赠券换东西)
A:Every time I go to the grocery, the clerk asks me if I save stamps.I always say no, but sometimes I get them anyway.
每次我去杂货店,店员都问我是否收集赠券。我总是说"不",不过有的时候我还是积下些赠券。
B:Oh, never turn them down.You can always find someone who'll take them.People spend hours pasting them in little books, and when a book is full.they drive miles to a redemptioncenter where the stamps can be traded for things like pillow cases, or playing cards, or garden tools.
啊,别丢掉它。你总会找到回收赠券的人。 有些人花时间把赠券粘贴在小本子上,当一本贴满后,开几英里的车到回收中心去,在那儿可以用赠券交换像枕头套、扑克牌或修整花园的工具等东西。
A:But you have to save millions of them to get anything worth having.
不过你得收集相当多张才能换回一些有重要价值的东西。