I looked along the shelves for the book I needed.
我在书架上一格一格地找我需要的那本书。
Houses had been built along both sides of the river.
沿河两岸已盖起了房屋。
You'll find his office just along the corridor.
沿着走廊你就可以找到他的办公室。
I was just walking along singing to myself.
我独自唱着歌向前走着。
He pointed out various landmarks as we drove along.
我们驱车前行时,他指给我们看各种各样的地标。
We're going for a swim. Why don't you come along?
我们要去游泳。你干吗不一起去?
I'll be along (= I'll join you) in a few minutes.
过一会儿我就来。
The book's coming along nicely.
这本书愈来愈好看了。
She lost her job when the factory closed, along with hundreds of others.
工厂倒闭时,她和成百上千的其他人一样失去了工作。
They walked slowly along the road.
他们沿公路慢慢走。
There are 32 different kinds of chocolate on sale along with the bread and cakes.
有32种不同的巧克力与面包和蛋糕一起出售。
I've been fooling myself all along...
我一直在欺骗自己。
I think she had been planning all along to leave Hungary.
我想她一直在计划离开匈牙利。
He had the material tested and sent along the results.
他对材料做了检验并送出了检验结果。
The baby's mother escaped from the fire along with two other children...
婴儿的母亲和另外两个孩子一起逃离了火海。
...enormous traffic jams all along the roads.
马路上严重的交通阻塞
...houses built on piles along the river...
沿河打桩盖的房子
She skipped and danced along...
她蹦蹦跳跳地往前走着。
He raised his voice a little, talking into the wind as they walked along...
他们往前走时,他略微提高了嗓音,迎着风说话。
...the negotiations which have been dragging along interminably...
一直在无休止拖延的谈判
Everything was coming along fine after all...
一切居然进行得很顺利。
This is open to women of all ages, so bring along your friends and colleagues...
这对所有年龄段的女性开放,所以请带上你的朋友和同事一起光临。
Wives will have to bring along their marriage certificate.
已婚妇女必须携带结婚证。
She invited everyone she knew to come along...
她邀请了每一个她认识的人前来。
Newman walked along the street alone...
纽曼独自走在街上。
The young man led Mark Ryle along a corridor...
那个年轻人领着马克·赖尔沿走廊而去。
Hiking-(徒步旅行)
A:Have any plans for the weekend, Tom?
汤姆,周末有什么计划吗?
B:Yeah, I’m going for a hike in the southern Rocky Mountains.
有啊。我打算去洛矶山脉南部徒步旅行。
A:Oh, do you go hiking often?
哦,你经常徒步旅行吗?
B:I go as much as I can. I love hiking because you can really get in touch with nature.
尽可能经常去。我喜欢徒步旅行,因为这样你才可以真正接触大自然。
A:It would be nice to get out of the city. Do you want some company?
能够离开市区出去走走真不赖。你想有个伴吗?
B:Sure. But, it will be a long hike, 30 miles in three days. Have you been hiking before?
当然。但是,这是一次长距离的旅行,三天走30英里。你以前徒步旅行过吗?
A:Yeah, I go a lot too. I saw a bear and a mountain lion on my last hike.
是的,我也经常去旅行。我上次旅行还看见一只熊和一只美州狮。
B:Wow! You must have been pretty far away from the city.
哇,那你就离市区很远了哦。
A:Yeah, my friend and I hiked in a very wild part of the national forest.
是的,那是我和我的朋友在国家森林的一个很偏僻的地方旅行。
along的解释
B:Well, bring himalong too. We’ll have a great time this weekend.
那么,把他也带上吧。这个周末肯定我们会玩得很开心。
A:Thanks, I’ll ask him.
谢谢,我会跟他说的。
周末计划
A:What are your weekend arrangements?
你的周末怎么安排啊?
B:There’re many things I can do on weekends.
周末我要做很多事。
A:What sort of things are you interested in?
你对怎么样的事感兴趣?
B:I’m keen on taking short trips to nearby scenic spots. More often than not, I go with some of my friends. By the way, what are your favorites?
我喜欢到附近的风景点走一走,有时间和一些朋友一起去。顺便问一下,你最喜欢做什么?
A:I love swimming and cycling. On Sunday morning I have swimming practice for an hour. In the afternoon, I just ride my bike around the city oralong the country roads for almost two hours.
我喜欢游泳和骑自行车。在星期天上午,我要游泳锻炼一小时,而下午我还要花两小时骑车在城里转一转,或沿着乡间路骑。
B:That’s great! I think they do you a lot of good. Where do you swim?
真不错!我想锻炼给了你很多好处。你在哪儿游泳?
A:Mostly in the city’s swimming pool. But on occasion, I go to the beach with friends. Well, what do you do at leisure?
大多数时候在城里的游泳池,有时候同朋友一起到海边游,真开心!嗯,你在业余时间做什么?
B:I’m fond of dancing.
我喜欢跳舞。
A:Good. You really know how to enjoy yourself.
很好,你真会享受生活。
B:Thanks. And you, too, I think.
谢谢,你也差不多。
教育
A:So, what’s your educational background?
那么,你的教育背景是什么?
B:I graduate from high school with a 4.0, graduated from university with a degree in English, and am currently in the middle of obtaining a master’s degree in Linguistics.
我以4.0 的成绩从高中毕业, 大学获得了英语学士学位,近来正在读语言学硕士学位。
A:What university did you go to ?
你在那所大学?
B:I went to UCB, the university of California, Berkeley.
UCB,加州伯克利大学。
A:Are you from California originally?
你是加州本地人么?
B:No, I’m from Colorado. I received a full scholarship to UCB, so I went.
不,我来自科罗拉州,我活得了UCB 全额奖学金,所以我去那里了。
A:That’s great. How did you like your classes there?
那太好了,你觉得那些课上得怎么样?
B:I like my professors a lot. They seemed to have a lot of passion for teaching. They weren’t the stuffy professors that I thought they’d be.。
我很喜欢我的教授。 他们似乎有很多教学热情。他们不是我想象的那种乏味的教授
A:How about the other students? Did you getalong well with them?
其他同学怎么样?和他们相处的好吗?
B:The students were from all over the country. I found that most of my friends were people who were from the mid-west?
这里的学生来自全国各地,我发现我的大多数朋友来自中西部。
A:That’s interesting. Why do you think that is?
真有意思,为什么你这样认为?
B:I’m not sure. I lived in Iowa during middle school, so I guess we had that in common. Mid-westerners and people from the west coast have a different view of the world.
我搞不清,我初中住在衣阿华州,所以我猜我们有共同之处。中西部和来自西海岸的人有不同的世界观。
A:What do you mean?
你指什么?
B:It’s hard to explain. I guess people from the west coast come off as a bit snobby sometimes, especially if you aren’t come from the west coast。
很难解释清,我猜西海岸的人有点势利,尤其是对纳妾不是来自西海岸的人。
A:I see. Well, thanks for coming in for the interview. My secretary will get back to you within a week.
我懂了,奥,谢谢你接受这次面试,我的秘书会在一周内给你回电话的。