She wears a beautiful evening dress.
她穿着一件漂亮的晚礼服。
She wore a diamond clip on her new dress.
她在新衣服上戴了一枚钻石别针。
They tried to dress him up as a'national hero'.
他们想把他打扮成一个“民族英雄”。
She always dresses in black.
她总穿着黑衣服。
She is parading the hall in her new dress.
她穿着新衣服招摇地在大厅里走。
Li Mei is wearing a yellow dress today.
李梅今天穿着一件黄色的连衣裙。
I dress my sister and wash her hands and face.
我给我妹妹穿衣服,洗脸洗手。
You should dress for cold weather today.
你今天应该穿防寒的衣服。
She always dressed entirely in black.
她一向全身黑色装束。
He was dressed as a woman (= he was wearing women's clothes) .
他打扮得像个女人。
Do they expect us to dress for dinner?
他们要求我们穿正式服装赴宴吗?
He dresses many of Hollywood's most famous young stars.
他为好莱坞许多最著名的年轻明星提供服装。
The nurse will dress that cut for you.
护士将为你包扎那个伤口。
to dress a salad (= put oil or vinegar , etc. on it)
给色拉加调味酱(放油、醋等)
to dress a chicken (= take out the parts you cannot eat)
给鸡去毛开膛
Get up and get dressed !
起床穿衣服了!
to dress well'/badly'/fashionably'/comfortably
穿得好 / 不好 / 时髦 / 舒适
She dressed the children in their best clothes.
她给孩子们穿上了最漂亮的衣服。
I dressed quickly.
我很快穿好了衣服。
He has no dress sense (= no idea of how to dress well) .
他毫无服装品味。
a wedding dress
婚纱
to wear casual'/formal dress
穿便服 / 正装
a long white dress
白色的长连衣裙
She bathed her and dressed her in clean clothes.
她给她洗澡并穿上干净的衣服。
He dresses in a way that lets everyone know he's got authority...
他的穿着打扮让大家都知道他已经掌权了。
She used to dress in jeans.
她过去常穿牛仔裤。
We don't dress for dinner here.
我们这儿赴宴不穿礼服。
The poor child never cried or protested when I was dressing her wounds.
我给这个可怜的孩子包扎伤口时,她不哭也不闹。
Scatter the tomato over, then dress the salad.
把西红柿散放在上面,然后给色拉加调味汁。
...a bowl of dressed salad.
一碗已调制好的色拉
Her mother dressed the meat.
她母亲把肉洗好了。
...dressed crab.
洗好的螃蟹
She was wearing a black dress.
她穿一条黑色连衣裙。
He's usually smart in his dress.
他通常穿得很精神。
...hundreds of Cambodians in traditional dress.
数百名身着传统服装的柬埔寨人
He told Sarah to wait while he dressed...
他让萨拉等他穿好衣服。
Sue had dressed herself neatly for work.
休穿戴整洁地上班去了。
Shopping-(购物)
A:Thatdress is too expensive.
这衣服真贵。
B:But it’s so pretty.
但是很漂亮呀。
A:Yes, it is pretty, but it costs $200. What about this one? It’s almost the same, but it costs half as much.
是很漂亮,但要200美元噢。这个怎么样?款式几乎一样,但只要一半的价钱。
B:It’s not the same. It’s completely different.
这个不同,完全不同。
A:It’s just a little shorter.
只是短一些。
B:I really like this one.
我真的很喜欢这个。
A:Well, it’s your money. You can spend it however you want.
好吧,反正是你自己的钱。想怎么花就怎么花。
B:Do you really think it’s pretty?
你真的觉得这个漂亮。
dress什么意思
A:Yeah. It’s pretty.
是的,很漂亮。
服饰
A:What do you think about thisdress, Geoff?
杰夫,你觉得这条连衣裙怎么样?
B:I like the pattern, but I’m not sure I like the red on you.
我喜欢它的样式,但不知道你穿红色是不是好看。
A:Do you think it fits?
你认为合适吗?
B:Very nicely.
非常合适。
A:Would you go to check if they have the samedress in blue, then? You can just bring it back to the fitting room.
那么,你去看看有没有同一款式的蓝色的裙子。你把它带到试衣间来。
B:Sure.
好。
dress的意思
A:One more thing, what do you think about these pants? Do you think they would need hemming?
还有,这条裤子你觉得怎么样啊?你认为需要缝边吗?
B:No, I think they’re the right length.
不用,长度刚好。
A:Do you like the pattern? I just can’t decide between the plain or the striped ones. What do you think?
你喜欢这图案吗?我决定不了是选一条素色的还是一条带花纹的,你觉得呢?
dress的反义词
B:I like plain clothes myself, but they both look fine on you. Which ones do you like more?
我自己喜欢素色的衣服,但是俩条都很适合你。你更喜欢哪一条?
A:I think I’ll go for the striped pair of pants, then.
我想还是要那条带条纹的吧。
B:Good decision. I’ll just go and look for thatdress then.
好主意。我一会儿去找那条裙子。
A:Thanks dear.
谢谢你,亲爱的。
Before Leaving Home-(离家前)
A:Susan, good evening. Why are you so dressed up??
苏珊,晚上好。你怎么打扮成这样?
B:I am on my way out to a New Year’s banquet. How do I look? Is my make-up OK?
我要去参加一个新年宴会。我看上去怎么样?我的妆可以吗?
dress
A:You look great. Your make-up is perfect.
你看上漂亮极了。你的妆也是无可挑剔的。
B:Do you think I should wear a differentdress?
你觉得我要换件礼服吗?
dress的翻译
A:No, the one you have on looks fabulous, especially with your hair like that.
不用,你穿这件衣服非常漂亮,尤其是配着你的发型。
B:Thanks for saying. Do you have any ideas which necklace I should wear?
谢谢你这么说。你觉得我应该戴哪条项链呢?
A:With thatdress I’d say your white diamond necklace would look perfect.
我不得不说这条白钻项链配你的衣服堪称完美
B:Thanks for helping out?. Now that I’m ready, what are you doing tonight?
谢谢你的帮忙。我已经准备好了,你今天晚上干什么?
A:Not much, just a house party? with some friends.
没什么。只是在家里和朋友们聚一聚。
dress
B:Sounds fun. Anyone I know?
听起来很有趣。有我认识的人吗?
A:Yeah, most of the people are from our office.
有,大多数人是我的同事。
B:Sounds Like I'm missing out on? a good time. Oh, well, there is always next year.
听起来我要错过一段开心的时刻了。算了,还有明年呢。
A:I’m sure you’ll have fun no matter where you go. Remember to take your bag.
我保证无论你去哪里都会玩得很开心的。记得带上你的包。