He swims every day during the summer.
他夏天每天游泳。
The thief broke into the house during the night.
小偷在夜间破门进入住宅。
He was born in China during World War II and educated in England.
他在二次大战期间生于中国,后来在英国受。
I only saw her once during my stay in Rome.
我在罗马逗留期间只见过她一次。
Please remain seated during the performance.
演出期间请不要站起来。
He was taken to the hospital during the night.
他在夜间被送到医院。
during the 1990s
在20世纪90年代
There are extra flights to Colorado during the winter.
冬季有飞往科罗拉多的增开航班。
during his visit, the Pope will also bless the new hospital.
在访问期间,教皇还将为新医院祈福。
Wages have fallen by more than twenty percent during the past two months...
在过去的两个月里,薪资降幅超过 20%。
American business in Britain during the 1950s grew much faster than British business.
20 世纪 50 年代,美国企业在英国的发展速度要比英国本土企业快得多。
The attack is believed to have been carried out during the early morning hours...
据信进攻是在清晨时发起的。
Sandstorms are common during the Saudi Arabian winter...
在沙特阿拉伯,冬季里沙尘暴很常见。
Plants need to be looked after and protected during bad weather.
天气恶劣时要留意照看好植物。
There are few sellers in the market, so price remains high.
市场上卖方寥寥无几, 因此价格仍然是高的.
during that time, she so gained my aunt's confidence that she was put in charge of the domestic staff.
在这期间, 她得到了我姑姑如此的信任,结果被委任为家仆的负责人.
They suffered some major setbacks during the fighting.
在这次战斗中,他们遭到了严重挫折.
A new method of fuel injection was developed during the war.
一种新的注油方法在战争期间发展起来.
during his presidency many changes took place.
在他任职期间发生了许多变化.
Many people die of starvation during famines every year.
每年发生饥荒时都有许多人饿死.
A small boat drifted in during the night, with no one on board.
夜间漂来一条无人的小船.
The few small rivers could not hold all the rain that fell during the wet season.
几条小河容不下雨季的全部雨水.
We must decide between going home and staying at school during this winter vacation.
我们必须决定寒假期间是回家还是留在学校.
Low sales for turbot during the past months have led to a price drop.
大菱前几个月交易量偏低,导致价格下降.
during the break, the sports ground rang with happy shouts.
课间休息时, 操场上回响着欢快的声音.
during the seventies, her acting career was in eclipse.
在七十年代, 她的表演生涯黯然失色.
during his serious illness he lost over ten jin.
他害了一场大病,体重掉了十多斤.
Japan was in alliance with Germany and Italy during the Second World War.
第二次世界大战时,日本和德国、意大利结盟.
用作介词(prep.)
- Where shall you go during the summer?
今年夏天你将到什么地方去? - during which years was he Prime Minister?
他从哪一年到哪一年担任首相? - The sun gives us light during the day.
太阳在白天给我们光。 - The fire started during the workmen's dinner.
火灾是在工人们吃饭时发生的。 - There happened many events during his term of presidential service.
在他的总统任期内,曾发生过许多事情。
Some time during the night the crew came on board.
出自:J. Conradduring the early months of the year, the air was like cold washing-up.
出自:M. AmisHilaire Belloc was born during a thunderstorm.
出自:A. N. Wilson
道别
A:Thank you for coming to see me off.
多谢你来送行。
B:Not at all.
不用客气。
A:If I have time, I’ll come again.
如果我有时间,我会再来的。
B:You’re welcome at any time.
随时欢迎你回来。
A:Thank you for your hospitality. I hope I didn’t cause you too much troubleduring my stay.
多谢你招待。在我居留期间,但愿不致打扰。
B:You’re most welcome.
不要客气。
A:I’m afraid I have to go now. The plane will take off soon.
我恐怕现在要走了。飞机快要起飞了。
B:Call us as soon as you get home.
你一回到家里就打电话给我们。
A:Certainly.
一定。
保险
during的意思
A:Now that we’re about to own a house, I think we should get it covered.
我们快拥有一所房子了,我想我没应该给房子买保险。
B:Yes, I talked with an insurance saleswoman about it yesterday.
是的,昨天我和一个保险销售人员谈过了。
during
A:You did?
你谈了?
B:Sure. She said that once we finalize the sale, we just need to make an appointment with her.
是的,她说一旦我们定下来,我们只需和她约个时间。
A:How long will it take to get covered?
保险需要多久能生效?
B:I believe the insurance policy will kick in immediately.
我想保单很快能生效。
A:That’s great. Did you pick up any brochures.
太好了,你拿资料手册了吗?
during是什么意思
B:Not yet.
还没。
A:Maybe we could start reading up on the different policies now. I heard that many of the homes that were damagedduring Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans weren’t covered.
或许我们可以开始阅读一些不同的保单,我听说在飓风袭击新奥尔良时许多住宅被毁,但保单没有涉及这种情况。
during的解释
B:You’re kidding! Did they have some home insurance or did home insurance just not cover floods?
你开玩笑,他们上了家庭保险么,家庭保险不包括水灾么?
A:Most of the policies didn’t cover floods.
多数保单不包括水灾。
B:I guess we should make sure to read the fine print very carefully. Shall we go there now?
我想我们应该把册子看仔细一些,我们现在就去?
A:Why not? I have nothing better to do.
为什么不呢?没有比这更好的。
教育
during的反义词
A:So, what’s your educational background?
那么,你的教育背景是什么?
B:I graduate from high school with a 4.0, graduated from university with a degree in English, and am currently in the middle of obtaining a master’s degree in Linguistics.
我以4.0 的成绩从高中毕业, 大学获得了英语学士学位,近来正在读语言学硕士学位。
A:What university did you go to ?
你在那所大学?
B:I went to UCB, the university of California, Berkeley.
UCB,加州伯克利大学。
during
A:Are you from California originally?
你是加州本地人么?
B:No, I’m from Colorado. I received a full scholarship to UCB, so I went.
不,我来自科罗拉州,我活得了UCB 全额奖学金,所以我去那里了。
during是什么意思
A:That’s great. How did you like your classes there?
那太好了,你觉得那些课上得怎么样?
B:I like my professors a lot. They seemed to have a lot of passion for teaching. They weren’t the stuffy professors that I thought they’d be.。
我很喜欢我的教授。 他们似乎有很多教学热情。他们不是我想象的那种乏味的教授
during的意思
A:How about the other students? Did you get along well with them?
其他同学怎么样?和他们相处的好吗?
B:The students were from all over the country. I found that most of my friends were people who were from the mid-west?
这里的学生来自全国各地,我发现我的大多数朋友来自中西部。
A:That’s interesting. Why do you think that is?
真有意思,为什么你这样认为?
B:I’m not sure. I lived in Iowaduring middle school, so I guess we had that in common. Mid-westerners and people from the west coast have a different view of the world.
我搞不清,我初中住在衣阿华州,所以我猜我们有共同之处。中西部和来自西海岸的人有不同的世界观。
A:What do you mean?
你指什么?
B:It’s hard to explain. I guess people from the west coast come off as a bit snobby sometimes, especially if you aren’t come from the west coast。
很难解释清,我猜西海岸的人有点势利,尤其是对纳妾不是来自西海岸的人。
A:I see. Well, thanks for coming in for the interview. My secretary will get back to you within a week.
我懂了,奥,谢谢你接受这次面试,我的秘书会在一周内给你回电话的。