I stayed late at the party last night.
昨晚我在晚会上呆到很晚。
You can stay at home and watch TV.
你可以待在家里并且看电视。
Why don't you come to stay with us next time you visit Durham?
下次来达勒姆就住在我们这儿好吗?
The temperature has stayed hot this week.
本周气温一直都很热。
We must be able to stay impartial at all times.
我们必须经常保持公正的态度。
He went straight to New York without a stay in Hongkong.
他直接去了纽约,没在香港停留。
He made few friends during his stay in the village.
他在这个村子逗留的期间,没有交上几个朋友。
to stay in bed
待在床上
'u2018Do you want a drink? 'u2019 'u2018No, thanks, I can't stay. 'u2019
“你要不要喝一杯?”“不,谢谢,我不能久待。”
stay there and don't move!
待在那儿别动!
We ended up staying for lunch.
我们最终还是留了下来吃午饭。
She stayed at home (= did not go out to work) while the children were young.
孩子们小的时候,她没出去上班。
I'm staying late at the office tonight.
今晚我要在办公室待到很晚。
My hat won't stay on!
我的帽子怎么都戴不住!
Can you stay behind after the others have gone and help me clear up?
你能不能等别人走后留下来帮我收拾收拾?
We stayed to see what would happen.
我们留下来看有什么情况。
They stayed talking until well into the night.
他们待在那儿一直谈到深夜。
He never stays angry for long.
他生气时间从来不会长。
I can't stay awake any longer.
我瞌睡得再也熬不住了。
The store stays open until late on Thursdays.
这商店每星期四都会开到很晚。
I don't know why they stay together (= remain married or in a relationship) .
我不知道他们为什么还在一起。
Inflation stayed below 4% last month.
上月的通货膨胀率保持在4%以下。
'stay here,' Trish said. 'I'll bring the car down the drive to take you back.'...
“呆这别动,”特里西说,“我会把车开过来送你回去。”
In the old days the woman stayed at home and the man earned the money.
过去,女主内,男主外。
Gordon stayed at The Park Hotel, Milan...
戈登下榻在米兰的帕克饭店。
He tried to stay a few months every year in Scotland.
他每年都会争取在苏格兰住几个月。
The Republican candidate said he would 'work like crazy to stay ahead'.
共和党候选人说他将“拼命保持领先优势”。
...community care networks that offer classes on how to stay healthy...
开设养生课程的社区保健网络
Government employees and officers also stayed away from work during the strike...
政府雇员和官员在罢工期间也没去上班。
Every single employee turned up at the meeting, even people who usually stayed away.
所有雇员一个个不落都参加了会议,甚至平常不去开会的人都去了。
In the past, the UN has stayed out of the internal affairs of countries unless invited in...
在过去,除非有国家提出请求,否则联合国不会干涉各国内政。
After months of staying well out of the problem, Washington has expressed a willingness to help find a solution.
几个月以来都不曾介入该问题的华盛顿方面已表示愿意帮助寻求解决方案。
Satellite TV is here to stay...
卫星电视已被普遍接受。
Nuclear weapons are here to stay because they have changed the way countries approach the idea of war.
核武器已被广泛接受,因为它们改变了各国处理战争的方法。
He was forced by his condition to stay put and remain out of politics...
他的健康状况迫使他留在原处,置身于政坛之外。
Nigel says for the moment he is very happy to stay put in Lyon.
奈杰尔说目前他很乐意留在里昂。
They had invited me to come to supper and stay the night.
他们邀请我去吃晚饭并住上一晚。
谈论天气
A:Beautiful day, isn’’t it?
今天天气真好,是不是?
B:Yes, it’’s not like what the radio said at all.
是的,一点也不像收音机里说的那样。
A:I wish it wouldstay this way for the weekend.
但愿整个周末都能保持这样的好天气。
B:As long as it doesn’’t snow!
只要不下雪就行啊!
出入境
stay的反义词
A:Your passpart, please.
请出示您的护照。
B:This one.
这个。
A:How long are you going tostay here?
您在此逗留多长时间?
B:Two weeks.
两个星期
A:Where are you goingstay?
您此期间在哪里落脚?
B:The Hilton Hotel in Paris.
巴黎的希尔顿酒店。
A:What will you do here?
您此行的目的是什么?
stay是什么意思
B:For Business.
商务旅行。
A:Ok, you’re through now.
好了,您可以通过了。
请求帮助
A:I was wondering if you'd let mestay here for a few days.
不知道你是否能让我在这里呆几天。
B:It really depends on when and how long.
这取决于什么时候和多长时间。
A:Until next weekend, if that's OK.
如果可以的话,呆到下周末。
B:Let me think it over, and I'll let you know later.
让我考虑一下,一会告诉你知道。