He urged the horses on with a whip.
他用鞭子策马前行。
Many physicians urge aerobic exercise.
很多医生鼓励有氧运动。
We will urge them to adhere to the Paris Agreement.
我们将敦促他们遵守巴黎协议。
They urged on us the need for cooperation.
他们向我们强调合作的必要性。
I strongly urge you to give up smoking.
我力劝你戒烟。
He urged against the adoption of the measure.
他极力反对采取这项措施。
I feel the urge to be outside when spring comes again.
当春天再次来临,我就有了到户外活动的冲动。
An urge to improve society led me into politics.
推动社会进步的强烈愿望使我投身于政治。
When the urge to create a cellar happens it's usually at the beginning of your wine appreciation career.
当你有强烈愿望要建一个酒窖时,通常是你的葡萄酒鉴赏生涯的开始。
She urged him to stay.
她力劝他留下。
The report urged that all children be taught to swim.
这份报告呼吁给所有的儿童教授游泳。
The situation is dangerous, and the UN is urging caution.
局势岌岌可危,联合国力主谨慎行事。
He urged his horse forward.
他策马前行。
She could hear him urging her on as she ran past.
她跑过他面前时,听到他在为她加油。
sexual urges
性冲动
I had a sudden urge to hit him.
我突然很想揍他一顿。
They urged parliament to approve plans for their reform programme...
他们敦促议会批准他们的改革方案。
He urged employers and trade unions to adapt their pay settlements to the economic circumstances.
他敦促雇主和工会根据经济条件调整工资方案。
He slipped his arm around her waist and urged her away from the window...
他揽住她的腰,拉着她离开了窗边。
'Come on, Grace,' he was urging her, 'don't wait, hurry up.'
“快点啦,格雷丝,”他催促道,“别等了。快点。”
He urged restraint on the security forces...
他力主对安全部队设限。
We urge vigorous action to be taken immediately.
我们强烈要求立即采取有力措施。
He had an urge to open a shop of his own...
他很想自己开一家店。
I have often talked about why we want to be mothers, but none of us can describe the urge exactly.
我经常谈到我们为什么想做母亲,但没有一个人能准确地描述这种冲动。
The study authors urge more education on the subject, and protection and privacy for whistleblowers.
这项调查的发起者呼吁要加强这方面的教育, 并对检举揭发者做好保护及保密工作.
urge a prompt reply and note that the letter is confirmation of a telexed message.
敦促早日回复,指出本函是用来确认电传.
He tried to urge them into action to change the situation.
他设法劝说他们,采取行动来改变这一局面.
It is impolite for one to urge other people to drink in the west.
在西方,过分劝酒是不礼貌的.
What can we do to urge these lazy workers to greater production?
我们怎样才能鼓励这些懒惰的工人去努力增产 呢 ?
He has an urge to become a film star.
他非常希望成为电影明星.
You must urge the children on or we'll never get home.
你必须催促孩子们赶路,不然我们永远也到不了家.
He has an urge to become a cinema star.
他渴望当一名电影明星.
We did have to urge the students along in the last few weeks before their examination.
在临考前的几个星期,我们必须激励学生用功.
He forced back the strong urge to stroke her.
他抑制住想要抚摩她的强烈冲动.
Your progress will urge us to work hard.
你的进步会促进我们努力学习.
We should constantly urge ourselves on to study hard.
我们要经常鞭策自己努力学习.
I felt an irresistible urge to laugh.
我禁不住想笑出来。
I had an uncontrollable urge to laugh.
我忍不住想笑。
He fought with the urge to smoke one of the cigars he'd given up awhile ago.
他努力克制自己的烟瘾,不去抽一支戒掉没多久的雪茄。
The senator urged against the adoption of the measure.
那参议员极力反对采取这项措施。
We did have to urge the students along in the last few weeks before their examination.
在临考前的几个星期,我们必须激励学生用功。
You must urge the children on or we'll never get home.
你必须催促孩子们赶路,不然我们永远也到不了家。
He urged the horse on with a whip.
他挥鞭策马前行。
The teacher urged on her students the examination.
那位老师向她的学生强调这次考试的重要性。
What can we do to urge these lazy workers to greater production?
我们怎样才能鼓励这些懒惰的工人去努力增产呢?
Let me urge the point...The implied differentiation is of the essence.
出自:G. Steiner