Life was harder then because neither of us had a job.
那时生活比较艰苦,因为我俩都没有工作。
Things were very different back then .
以前那个时候情况大不相同。
She grew up in Zimbabwe, or Rhodesia as it then was.
她在津巴布韦长大,当时该地叫罗得西亚。
I saw them at Christmas but haven't heard a thing since then .
我在圣诞节见到过他们,但之后没听到过什么消息。
I've been invited too, so I'll see you then.
我也接到邀请,我们到那时见。
There's a room free in Bob's house next week but you can stay with us until then .
下星期鲍勃家有一个房间空着,不过在那之前你可以和我们住在一起。
Call again next week. They should have reached a decision by then .
下星期再来电话。到那时他们应该作出决定了。
Just then (= at that moment) there was a knock at the door.
就在那时有人敲门了。
She left in 1984 and from then on he lived alone.
她于1984年离去,从那时起他便独自一人生活。
I took one look at the car and offered to buy it there and then'/then and there (= immediately) .
我只看了那辆汽车一眼,就当即表示要买下来。
He drank a glass of whisky, then another and then another.
他喝了杯威士忌,接着又喝了一杯,然后又喝了一杯。
First cook the onions, then add the mushrooms.
先炒洋葱,然后放进蘑菇。
We lived in France and then Italy before coming back to England.
我们在返回英格兰之前,先住在法国,后来住在意大利。
He wanted to have a source of income after his retirement; until then, he wouldn't require additional money...
他想退休后有份收入;在那以前,他并不需要额外的钱。
The clinic opened for business last October and since then has treated more than 200 people.
该诊所去年 10 月开业,从那以后已经接诊 200 多人。
...the Race Relations Act of 1976 (enacted by the then Labour Government)...
1976 年的《种族关系法》(由当时的工党政府颁布施行)
He was known by many for his role in the then record-breaking robbery of the mail train from Glasgow to London in August 1963.
他曾因参与 1963 年 8 月那起发生在从格拉斯哥开往伦敦的邮政列车上的特大抢劫案而恶名昭著。
Add the oil and then the scallops to the pan, leaving a little space for the garlic...
先在锅里放油,然后放入扇贝,留点地方搁蒜。
I felt myself blush. then I sniffed back a tear...
我觉得自己的脸红了,接着我吸吸鼻子,不让眼泪掉下来。
'I wasn't a very good scholar at school.' 'u2014 'What did you like doing best then?'...
“我在学校时成绩不大好。”——“那么你当时最喜欢做什么呢?”
You're not gonna tell me, are you? Do I have to guess, then?...
你不打算告诉我,是吧?那么,我只好猜猜了?
'I can meet you after work. Six o'clock?''u2014 'Fine.' 'u2014 'Six o'clock, then?'...
“我下班后可以和你碰面。6 点可以吗?”——“行啊。”——“那就定 6 点啦?”
He stood up. 'That's settled then.'...
他站起身说,“就这么定了。”
Now then, you say you walk on the fields out the back?
那么,你说你在后面的田地里散步?
Well then, I'll put the kettle on and make us some tea...
好吧,我来烧壶水,我们沏点茶喝。
This, then, was the music that appeared to dominate the world of serious concert music in the mid-1960s...
这就是 20 世纪 60 年代中期严肃的管弦乐中的主流音乐。
By 1931, then, France alone in Europe was a country of massive immigration.
也就是说,到 1931 年的时候,法国是欧洲唯一一个拥有大量移民的国家。
If the answer is 'yes', then we must decide on an appropriate course of action...
如果答案是肯定的,那么我们必须商定合适的行动方案。
We have to do quite a bit of reading, and then we have our ongoing work which would be an essay...
我们要进行大量阅读,而且手头有一篇论文要写。
He sounded sincere, but then, he always did.
他听起来很真诚,可是话说回来,他向来如此。
换乘
A:Excuse me! Does this bus to to the railway station?
对不起!我乘这辆车能到火车站吗?
B:No, You’re got on the wrong bus.
不到,您乘错车了。
B:You can take a No. 22 bus at the University station andthen transfer to a No.83 bus at the railway station.
您可以乘坐22路公共汽车在大学站换乘83路公共汽车到火车站。
A:OK! Thank you very much!
好的。谢谢您!
车站英语对话
A:Excuse me! Does this bus to the railway station?
对不起!我乘这辆车能到火车站吗?
B:No, You’re got on the wrong bus.You can take a No. 22 bus at the University station andthen transfer to a No.83 bus at the railway station.
不到,您乘错车了。您可以乘坐22路公共汽车在大学站换乘83路公共汽车到火车站。
A:OK! Thank you very much!
好的。谢谢您!
问路
A:Excuse me, can you tell me where Main Street is?
对不起,你能告诉我主街在哪里吗?
B:Turn left at the second light andthen go straight for two blocks.
在第二个路灯处左拐,然后直走两个街区。
A:Is it far?
它很远吗?
then
B:No. It's only a five-minute walk. You can’t miss it.
不,走路只需五分钟。你不会错过的。
A:Thanks a lot.
太感谢了。
B:You're welcome.
没什么。